is React’s Rule over now?
You have noticed that most of the Junior (and Senior Also) Developers are switching over from React.js to Next.js. But, the main Question is why is it so ??, is Next.js provides something that others(in this blog, we are only comparing it with React.js) cannot ?? Let’s Find out in this Blog Post. But, At the start let’s only talk about Next.js.
Next.js was created by ZEIT(At Present: It is VERCEL), a company focused on simplifying the deployment and hosting of web applications. The project was initially introduced in 2016 by Guillermo Rauch, one of the co-founders of ZEIT.
The primary goal was to make server-side rendering (SSR) and other advanced features easier to use with React, enabling developers to create high-performance web applications that load quickly and are more SEO-friendly.
See its Search Trend 👇
You can see the Spike.
What was React Doing at that Time ??
****** FOR YOUR INFORMATION: React was created by Jordan Walke, a software engineer at Meta, who released an early prototype of React called “FaxJS”. He was influenced by XHP, an HTML component library for PHP. It was first deployed on Facebook’s News Feed in 2011 and later on Instagram in 2012. It was open-sourced at JSConf US in May 2013. ******
Everyone knows that React is Owned and Managed by Facebook and Facebook is a Big Company. So, React gained initial Trust from the Developers (Although, Some of us know about Facebook 😅😅). and some other reasons were its novel approach to UI development, The virtual DOM, a key concept in React, allowed for efficient updates to the UI by minimizing direct manipulation of the actual DOM.
React popularized the concept of building UIs using reusable components. This modular approach simplified UI development and maintenance, encouraging code reusability and separation of concerns.
and, After COVID-19, We all know, how masses got into Tech.
So, Some more Points why React.js Became more popular than others:
- It is far more easy to learn as compared to other frameworks.
- More Resources are Available on the Internet. You can test this (Search React and Vue. you will see the difference, you will find very less content about Vue on the Internet.
- Regular Updates. The latest version of React is 18.
- Strong Community Support: React’s community is active, engaged, and supportive. The community contributes to the library’s growth through open-source projects, discussions, and sharing best practices.
- Adoption by Major Companies: Many major companies and popular platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, and Netflix, adopted React for their UI development. This high-profile adoption showcased React’s scalability and suitability for building large and complex applications.
- Better Developer Experience: React has a strong focus on developer experience. Features like hot module replacement (HMR) allow for instant code updates during development, making the development process smoother and more efficient.
But why Next.js is gaining more attention?
But, After COVID-19, Next.js Search Trend going only 🆙 Why?
as we all know the theory of
THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.
Next.js also supports static site generation (SSG), which allows you to generate your entire website ahead of time and serve it from a CDN. This can further improve SEO by making your pages load even faster and be more accessible to search engines.
In addition to its performance benefits, Next.js also comes with a number of features that can make it easier to build complex web applications. These features include:
- Routing: Next.js provides a powerful routing system that makes it easy to create and manage complex page layouts.
- Data fetching: Next.js makes it easy to fetch data from a variety of sources, including APIs, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Internationalization: Next.js supports internationalization, making it easy to build multilingual websites.
- Security: Next.js is built with security in mind, and includes features such as CSRF protection and HSTS.
Next.js also has a large and active community of developers who are constantly contributing to the framework and providing support. This makes it easy to find help when you need it.
Finally, Next.js is developed and maintained by Vercel, a company that provides a platform for deploying and hosting Next.js applications. This makes it easy to get started with Next.js and scale your applications as they grow.
The Company Focused on the Points where React.js lacked and They just improved and Filled the Gaps. (like Svelte etc.) They actively introduce new updates and features like React.
But, The MAIN POINT HERE IS, React is far from being dead. Many developers, including seniors, continue to utilize plain React due to its proven reliability and widespread adoption. Moreover, Next.js is built upon React’s foundation, showcasing the enduring significance of React. This synergy ensures that React will likely remain a cornerstone in the web development landscape for the foreseeable future, approximately in the next 3–5 years. While Next.js offers powerful enhancements, the versatility and strong community support of React, coupled with its ongoing updates and industry trust, suggest its sustained relevance and resilience against quick replacement.
Please Don’t Forget to Fill out the Feedback Form to let me know, how can i improve my Content.
If it is Unresponsive Consider Clicking on this link 👇
So, Let’s end this Blog Today. I hope these tools will surely help you in your Daily Life. If you are still here and Reading this. Consider Following me & Subscribing to Email Notifications to Stay Updated with the crazy Content I will upload.
All of the Given Information is my Personal Opinion and the Available Internet Data. For any Discussions, you can add a comment.